Changelog - Update Konduit 2.17

Discussion in 'Dev Blogs & Changelogs' started by Gjosiah, May 2, 2017.

1. Gjosiah

Gjosiah Java-mancer Staff Member Developer Awesome

Hey all you 'Scapers,

Another slew of updates is coming to a Konduit client near you (right now!). The changes outlined here were released publically on or before the 2nd of May.

We have a few more, non-ingame changes coming soon, including a new update to the Launcher, and some new ways to connect with us on social media. We'll have more on that soon; without further ado, here are the major points of 2.17.0:

> Old Interface Style
    [​IMG]
    To start things off, we're getting truly oldschool, with the old interface style used during 2005-2007. The style offered is a mostly-faithful recreation of the old interface layout, with some minor tweaks to make it fit within OSRS' interface system.

You can switch into this interface in the "Interface Styles" configuration, found in the wrench tab.

> Stretched Fixed Mode
    [​IMG]
    Also in this update— possibly the feature which has garnered the most user engagement out of any suggestion on the forums— is stretched fixed mode.

When active, this feature will stretch the game to the full size of the client, filling the space of what would have previously been black bars.

Image scaling is not free, so if you already experienced less than 50 FPS in fixed mode, enabling stretched fixed mode will likely decrease performance, even if only slightly. Even with this setting enabled, no additional processing is performed in resizable mode, or if the client is already at its minimum size in fixed mode.

The default aspect ratio of the client (1.52 : 1) will not be maintained automatically; a feature for this may be added in the future.

[​IMG]
    You find the setting to stretch the fixed mode game to the size of the client under the Render Settings configuration, in the wrench tab.

We have tested this feature relatively extensively, but if you experience glitches or any other issues, please do let us know.

> Virtual Levels
    [​IMG]
    Most of the skill-related features have already supported virtual levels through 126 for a while. As of today, you now also have the option to display virtual levels on your stats tab ingame.

Alongside this change, our internal, skill-related hooks have been revised. You may notice that a few former issues now no longer occur, such as displaying incorrect XP counter amounts for a short while after logging in.

> Clan Cape Counter
    [​IMG]
    A feature to display the number of nearby players on teams had been requested a few times recently. Today, we have added just that— a simple overlay will group nearby players onto the teams they are representing. The overlay can be moved around as desired. The overlay is disabled by default, but can be enabled by checking "Show team cape counts" in the Clan Features configuration, in the wrench tab.

[​IMG]
    When more than 10 distinct teams are found, it will display the 10 teams with the highest player counts, to avoid clutter.

> Other Changes / Bugfixes:
    • Some skill-related inconsistencies that could previously occur have been rectified.
    • Fixed some issues that could occur when generating maps of instanced areas.
    • Optimized some internal rendering code when supporting stretched fixed mode.
    • (From version 2.16.1) Some inventory tab-related issues due to changes introduced in Oldschool 140 were resolved.
    • (From a silent 2.16.0 patch) The GE lookup feature that previously used shift-clicks was changed to use alt-clicks, to avoid conflicting with the shift-click system added to the vanilla client.

actorzara, Iwt, Liked and 6 others like this.
  2. ST0RY

ST0RY New Member Donor

Awesome updates, thank you! Really happy to see these ones, keep up the amazing work :)

actorzara and ImWifi like this.
  3. ScareFace

ScareFace Member Legendary Donor

Stretch Fixed Mode, doesnt look good for me:

STRETCH.png

mota396, Dobbe and actorzara like this.
  4. compufag

compufag New Member

5. Scaper494

Scaper494 New Member

Hey as a Scaper since 05 I am so thankful to rock the real rs2 interface! Thanks a million yall! I was hung up on the wrong rs client for yearssss, I've recently found yall here and I am quite pleased and aint going back!

6. AltScaper

AltScaper New Member

Would it be possible to enable stretched-fixed mode while in resizable? I've been able to limit my game size in the default OSRS Launcher by adjusting the applet_maxwidth & applet_maxheight settings in my jav_config.ws file. However, I can't figure out how to enable this in 3rd party clients.

7. PJSalt

PJSalt New Member

Hopefully the updates keep coming. No more two month long gaps between updates please. Also my world map can still not be clicked while in resizable. Have to change to fixed to open it. Can you look into this issue.

8. ayycx

ayycx New Member

Bank value button in bank is still broken and I can't right click my friends to look up their highscores or to hop to them.

Thanks for the update!

9. Odd_Xp

Odd_Xp New Member

Fantastic update! I strongly dislike how its 99/virtual lvl instead of just virtual lvl/virtual lvl like OSB's. Also when you attempt to turn the virtual levels off and click save, it doesn't render it in the stats panel. This might be a bug.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  10. mrpker9

mrpker9 New Member

Really good update !

11. cpfatal

cpfatal New Member

Good update, but the prayer idle alerts weren't fixed. @Gjosiah

12. ImWifi

ImWifi New Member Donor+

Really nice update Konduit Team! Loving what has been updated/Patched :)

13. doesitworkful

doesitworkful New Member

Awesome updates! Was wondering when bird's nest support will be added?

14. jake blake

jake blake New Member

I play on fixed mode and everything i try to remove the configure manager tab, the screen stretches and all I see is black panels on the side that I can't minimze to fit my screen. This is how it looks like for me. Hope you guys can help me.

https://gyazo.com/45d4003e179d371a9518c165691fb488

15. Ely

Ely New Member

Great update! Been waiting for that yellowed out message on the Konduit changelogs hahaha.

16. Sentinel

Sentinel New Member

Hey Gjosiah, the image is not scaled properly when I'm playing on stretched fixed mode. It looks like this.

Attached Files:

Dobbe likes this.
  17. konduitu

konduitu New Member

I think it's because your current resolution (1920x1014) isn't fit for the aspect ratio. Take a look at this picture: [​IMG]
    I'd recommend making the resolution proportional to 765x503.

18. Blake

Blake New Member

I fucking love it :)

Attached Files:

19. Sentinel

Sentinel New Member

[​IMG] I put it at 1530x1006, it still looks distorted. Or maybe i'm doing something wrong idk.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  20. ScareFace

ScareFace Member Legendary Donor

^Seems like many Users have the Same Problem with Stretch Fixed Mode
    It's like the same Issue with the ''DPI Scalling'' Thing, many have it others not.

I don't have the DPI Scalling Issue, maybe this Time for those who have it
    Stretch Fixed Mode looks correct, and for those who don't have it for them
    it looks like for me and RcSentinel etc (Just a Theory)

Last edited: May 3, 2017