Changelog - Update Konduit 2.19

Discussion in 'Dev Blogs & Changelogs' started by Gjosiah, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Gjosiah

Gjosiah Java-mancer Staff Member Developer Awesome

Hey again 'Scapers,

Without further ado— Konduit 2.19 is here! This update brings many features for use within the Chambers of Xeric, and a few miscellaneous changes besides. There will be more to come later this weekend.

> Chambers of Xeric Features
    [​IMG]

Features centered around the Chambers of Xeric raids have been requested frequently lately. Today's update happens to include a few features that you may find useful in your ventures into Mount Quidamortem.

I have been testing these features pretty extensively, but there is always room for bugs to occur. As always, please let us know if you experience any problems.

> Raids Scouting
    [​IMG][​IMG]

When entering a raid, its layout of bosses and skilling rooms will automatically be detected, if possible. Note that there are a few layouts where the client does not initially see enough of the raid to be able to do this. When this happens, you will be notified in the chat with a message stating that the raid could not be scouted.

Assuming the raid was successfuly scouted, a new overlay will be shown on screen at the start of a raid. This overlay can also optionally be shown during the raid, at which point it will mark off the rooms as you advance through them.

> New Points Overlay
    [​IMG]

The vanilla points overlay is limited to two spots on the screen (though most players don't know that you can cause it to move by changing the position of your vanilla xp counter). This could cause some issues with overlapping overlays. As of today, you can now move the points overlay anywhere on the screen, as it is now a custom overlay. This overlay can also optionally be right-aligned.

When not in a solo party, it will display your current percentage of the solo points and the number of members in your party. Before the raid has started, it will display the number of people currently inside out of the total party size. If someone has left your party mid-raid, it will also represent that by displaying how many remain out of the original number.

> Other Raids Features
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

There are a few more features besides that, such as auto-tagging Vanguards NPCs with their respective color from the combat triangle. Vanguards have also had a new overlay added which displays all of their HP percentages close together.

It can sometimes be hard to see who some projectiles, such as those found in the Vasa fight, will be aimed at. A new option has been added to mark the targets of various projectiles.

Additionally, crystal bombs during the Great Olm fight will be marked with a timer. Conventional wisdom would imply that you should not be near them when the timer runs out.

> New Player Indicators
    [​IMG]

Moving on from the raids features, there are a few other features in today's update that you will notice.

Player Indicators have been reworked slightly to utilize a system added in the official client a few weeks ago for the purposes of the DMM tournament. This change added optional nameplates above players which we felt flowed well with the game and were a suitable replacement for the existing ones that were displayed on top of players.

These new indicators will still display your friends in green, and your clan-mates in purple, but now they will also display players who are wearing the same team cape as you in blue. There are also options (though disabled by default) to display all players' names, and to display your own name. In a stack of players, only the top-most player will be marked.

> New Vanilla Map Features
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

We've started adding features to the World Map in the official client, the most notable of which is that many of the map icons now have customized tooltips with information about what actually happens there. Most fairy rings, quest start locations, and agility shortcuts have these, as well as a few other miscellaneous ones.

> Other Changes / Bugfixes:
    • Raids: One specific type of thieving room was mistakenly recorded as a tightrope room. This was fixed.
    • Raids: A toggle for the custom points overlay was built in, but not exposed via a setting. This has been fixed.
    • This list will be updated soon. There are quite a lot.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    brochir likes this.
  2. Latios

Latios New Member

They all look great. Can you tell me if highlighting in chat can be toggled off though please? Been told by Foxxi that it will be done with the next update.

i.E : You get tagged in public chat (someone says your name) but it won't highlight it.

Edit : Also half the raid plugins are bugged. So much for non buggy release Foxxi?
    Scouter, points, and vanguards.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. Foxxi

Foxxi Non Kraken-Pet-Getter Staff Member Developer

Do you mind elaborating on the issue with vanguards/points?
    The only issue with the scout is a thieving room, and that's being fixed as I'm typing this reply.
    As far as the name highlighting, we'll get it in the list, but this is the very first update in a very long time, so please be patient.
    Sorry for your frustration <3

4. Gjosiah

You can find a toggle for the name highlighting under the "Chat Features" settings.

I just fixed a minor issue with the scouting behavior; beyond that, what have you found that was "buggy" about the raid plugins?

5. Jtoso

Jtoso New Member

You used to be able to view someones combat hiscores by simply interacting with them, specifically, I'm referring to when i would report a player I could view their stats without looking them up on hi-scores.

Anyone know what I'm referring to? well the feature is no longer available, and this would work when for whatever reason hiscores would not load for some players.

Also - Can I revert back to the old font for locating friends on the minimap? the new font is too thin for my liking.

6. Steeel

Steeel New Member Donor

This update is mostly good, but it also broke some things. I'm getting numerous dead clicks that last for a few minutes in various parts of the game client: the whole upper section of the minimap, most of the prayer orb and even in the middle of the game frame.
    There are also some issues I've found with the player indicator: if anybody is under you, their name does not appear at all, regardless of the settings. An option to bring back the old behaviour would be nice.
    As for the raids points, please offer an option to keep vanilla behaviour but also have % at the end of the raid. The current overlay is a bit too big compared to vanilla and has redundant information (imo) like party size.

Branko609 likes this.
  7. Gjosiah

Are you talking about the right click Hiscore option on players? That's still working, as far as I can tell.
    [​IMG]

I didn't intend to change that font, I can revert it back to the old one later today.

8. Boto

Boto New Member

I'm just happy to see an update to the client and the world map update will be the best one :)

9. Gjosiah

That's pretty strange, is there anything that you did to fix that problem, or does it go away on its own? Are there any Konduit overlays that you have positioned around where those dead clicks were occurring? I am very careful to avoid doing anything that would obstruct clicks on the underlying game panel, so if there is something that Konduit is doing to cause this, I would want to resolve this as quickly as possible.

I went with that as it would serve to reduce clutter (especially when you have all players displaying), but I can see how some people would like the old behavior of seeing all players. The new behavior is controlled by a feature in the official client; I can tweak it slightly to optionally allow displaying all of the players in a stack, rather than just the top-most player (and you are always the top-most player when you are standing still on a tile).

There was intended to be a toggle for the custom points overlay— I must have overlooked adding it to the settings. I'll be releasing a build later today with that option in there.

10. Squash

Squash New Member

Fantastic looking update so far. Can't wait to see what else is in there :)

11. Jtoso

Jtoso New Member

No - I'm referring to when you used to "interact" with another player, you could get their hiscores to display like this without having to look them up with the "hiscore" option - this was useful because for whatever reason, not all players return a result when you search them on hiscores.

[​IMG]

Please revert :D

12. Steeel

Steeel New Member Donor

[​IMG]
    Here's a pic of my game client, the three white boxes are overlays and the red ones are approximation of the dead click areas I encountered yesterday. From left to right, I have raids pts, opponent hp and status indicators. The red boxes are mere approximations as the dead click zones went away as fast as they came and without any notable input from my side (aka they were just happening as I was playing the game and went away on their own after a min or two).

ps: the 2005 interface has been a bit buggy ever since they added an official spec orb, if you could fix that I'd love you long time (the top part of the ui is too short and there's some tearing at the top and inthe middle)

13. tapilogali

tapilogali New Member

Cool! Thanks!

14. Lindorss

Lindorss New Member

@Foxxi is there any way you can add a price guide similar to the one in osbuddy in the near future, or is it a massive job?

15. Kahvo

Kahvo New Member

Can you change the player indicator back to normal. or atleast make it toggleable. Ty

16. Branko609

Branko609 New Member

I am getting the same dead clicks in the same areas, and they last for a long time if i dont move the camera. Phew thought i was the only one. Its pretty bad. Noticed it right away, esp doing vorkath the way u position your camera. Seems to be where the new raids over lays are, but im not 100%. Top right area and some other areas along the right side.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  17. Claire

Claire New Member

It would be great if you guys could add in farming timers for the fossil island hardwood patches! Birdhouses would be nice too.

18. blalolbla

blalolbla New Member

Dude, the dead click problem is really annoying, even with the new raids thing deactivated i'm still having dead clicks. btw can you make the raids points thing toggeable? as i said i have the new raids thing deactivated and i can't see the raids points at all because of it.

19. Gjosiah

I just released a new build that has changes that addressed the only likely cause of the dead clicks that I could find. I'm not entirely sure that the conditions to trigger that specific situation would ever be met, but please let me know if you continue to experience problems with dead clicks after restarting the client.

The custom points overlay is now toggleable. Under the "Raids - Chambers of Xeric" settings, uncheck the "Use custom points overlay" setting, and the default overlay should reappear.

20. RiotMaker

RiotMaker New Member

Sweet update, haven't tried it out much yet but could we have an option to not have the vangaurds automatically tagged though?