Changelog - Update Konduit v2.12.0 Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blogs & Changelogs' started by Gjosiah, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gjosiah

Gjosiah Java-mancer Staff Member Developer

Hello again 'Scapers,

It's Thursday again, and yet again we have a few new features coming to a Konduit client near you. The updates outlined here were live shortly before the time of this changelog.

> Agility Overlays
    [​IMG]

A feature to mark the clickable areas of agility obstacles has possibly been the most highly requested feature since our initial release. As of today, the Agility Overlays plugin now does exactly that, marking the approximate hitboxes for all obstacles on the following courses: all rooftop agility courses, the Gnome Stronghold agility course, the Wilderness agility course, and the Dorgesh-Kaan agility course. You can also configure the color of the hitboxes under the Agility Overlays configuration.

> Hiscores Changes
    [​IMG]

The Hiscores side panel has received a few updates. Most notably, a player's rating in the new Last Man Standing minigame is now shown, and clue scrolls are no longer shown. The Hiscores side panel now optionally displays virtual skill, total, and combat levels.

Shortly before LMS was released, the official hiscores API was modified to no longer return clues; a few J-mods have said that they plan to add clue scroll hiscores back, with separate hiscores for each tier.

There is also now a "Hiscore" right click option on friends in your friends list.

> Experience Tracker Changes
    The Experience Trackers should now accurately account for performing activities where you gain fractional experience, such as burning yew or magic logs, mixing most potions, etc. We also have plans in the near future to display more useful "remaining" text such as "laps remaining" for agility, or "kills remaining" for combat.

> Minor Changes / Bugfixes:
    • Updated Mouse Keys to only function when logged in.
    • Fixed minor graphical issues with Hunter trap overlays and clue scroll location overlays.
    • Prevented a possible graphical glitch with the FPS counter.
    • Made various minor tweaks to aesthetics / user output in various plugins.

Trec93, Death Dead and God_Pure like this.
  2. livingchains

livingchains New Member

I've just started using Konduit, and I just wanted to say thank you guys so much for the hard work you put in! All the features that you have incorporated definitely make the game a lot more intuitive to play!

Thank you again!

3. ScareFace

ScareFace Member Legendary Donor

I also reported this in the Bugs Section, but haven't get any Replies yet..
    However the Mousekeys Feature in Settings is ''broken'' when you click/enter on it, you can't go back to Settings.
    This is pretty annoying, and i wonder how nobody noticed or reported it yet. A Fix asap is needed :/

4. God_Pure

God_Pure New Member

I was just wondering, if mining notifications are working now at the motherlode mine, thank you for taking my "kills till level" its great to see our threads are looked at and taken into consideration :)

Is there any chance the highscores Virtual Levels (100-120) could be toggled to be shown as just 99???

Real Nice update, was working on 80 agility continuing from yesterday and just noticed it :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  5. Gh0stPred

Gh0stPred New Member

Woop Woop over the agility overlays. Was wondering when they will appear. Now I can focus on agility properly now :) Again thanks :)

6. Death Dead

Death Dead New Member

Wow good job thanks!

7. Sverigemaverick

Sverigemaverick New Member

Good update, but can you PLEASE unlock the Fps in the render settings? Client is still extremely laggy on 120hz+ screens.

8. Trec93

Trec93 New Member

I don't have notifications in motherlode mine :(
    motherlode mine has different animation from normal mining btw.

just tried on iron out of curiosity and it doesn't work for me either I will try fishing later on.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  9. Skiizm

Skiizm New Member

Nice update, just wondering about two things: Are you guys going to add tile-highlighting for fishing? And are you guys able to code the client so we can maximize standard-screen? OSbuddys version is super glitchy and I remember hearing about someone from Konduit working on it for their client.

10. Gjosiah

This has been addressed in a recent change, which should be live later this weekend.

This feature can be disabled under the "Hiscores Options" configuration, by unchecking the "Display virtual levels" setting.

11. Gjosiah

We added minimap markers for fishing spots in 2.11.7, which are somewhat related in functionality. We can look into a marker on the game screen as well.

There was initially an update that was planned that would interfere with this in a significant way, so we were waiting until that was complete to further consider a stretched-fixed mode.

Since then, the update that we were waiting to complete has been put on hold indefinitely, so I may revisit the stretched fixed mode soon; I cannot guarantee it will be released, as depending on its implementation it may have many performance repercussions— image manipulation in a software rendering engine isn't ideal.

12. Gjosiah

As the vanilla client will limit itself to 50 cycles per second, increasing the cap in the settings wouldn't make sense within our system.

I can however make a small change to ensure that when the fps is at 50, we are not interfering with the way the vanilla client will run (in essence, setting it to 50 fps will be "unlocked", insofar as the vanilla client allows it). I don't expect this to be significantly different, but it will be running in the exact same way that the default client would, in regards to framerate.

13. Gjosiah

I will fix this today and it will be in the next update, later this weekend.

14. computer

computer Member

Is it possible to add a button beside the "Open Frame Options" button to turn off everything at once? for instance if you lag in large crowds of npc's/players with reflection stuff running. It would be more or less a panic button for if you started lagging while doing Jad or in PVP,

15. brochir

brochir Member

Great client and love the constant updates! Definitely loving it and I LOVE the orbs each having their own colors its really visually appealing.

The ONE thing that annoys me are the exp drops. The font looks to pixelated and when you lower the size its too small. Could we please get an update to xp drop fonts? Have the option to maybe add fonts or can you add the font Runeloader uses its really preety and easy on the eyes. They seem bold and cleaner.

As a pker exp drops are important but I still love the client so thank you!

16. Gjosiah

Something of the sort should be possible, I'll have to look into it and make sure none of the overlay features will encounter any issues when they are "paused and resumed" in such a way.

As our Experience Drops predated those in the official game, I have planned on going back and revising the entire Experience Counter / Drops overlays to more fluidly mesh with the style of the vanilla ones.

In the interim, there is currently an option to mimic the vanilla counter / drops style, which you may find looks nicer, though it also does not support resizing. (This setting is found under the Experience Counter settings as "Decor.", but applies to both the counter and the drops).

brochir likes this.
  17. brochir

brochir Member

I want to say I really love the exp orbs uniqueness and the customizable start and end portions so please keep those as well.

I personally prefer the +000xp format with no icons and don't really like the vanilla one jagex has to offer so I will wait for your update! A better, bolder font (multiple for other people's preference) would be awesome.

18. brochir

brochir Member

Also this was a perfectly described post by Big Pinkie in the another section of the forum regarding the future and growth of this amazing client.

19. computer

computer Member

Awesome! Now I shouldnt need to switch clients so often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.