Changelog - Update Konduit v2.13.0 Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blogs & Changelogs' started by Gjosiah, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Gjosiah

Gjosiah Java-mancer Staff Member Developer

Hey there 'Scapers,

It's time for another update— which is great, as we have been working on some shiny new features lately. All of the changes outlined in this changelog were live as of today, Saturday 8th October.

Note: On release, there was an issue with a few features such as food tooltips, a new same-version build has been released to resolve these issues as of this time.

> World Map Updates and Dungeon Maps
    [​IMG]
    This week, the World Map plugin has seen quite a large reworking. We are now using a new, custom map format that allows for a higher resolution, interactive map. This allows for us to mark certain map features with tooltips, such as fairy rings, dungeon enterances, agility shortcuts, and the like. The map also still integrates with the Death Marker and Clue Scroll Helper plugins to display their relevant markers.

[​IMG]
    In addition to those features, the World Map plugin is now capable of displaying a map of any location ingame. We've mapped out three frequently used dungeons to start with: the Gnome Stronghold Slayer Cave, the Catacombs of Kourend, and Taverley Dungeon. A full map of the surface world is also included, as before.

[​IMG]
    Let us know what other areas you would find useful to have a map. We currently have planned to add maps for the Waterbirth and Brimhaven dungeons within the near future.

While the World Map now supports mapping any area ingame, we have limited this to three dungeons to start, as many areas ingame are seldom visited outside of a quest. We would like to minimize clutter and keep the mapped areas limited to the practical, useful areas that would see use in the client.

> Opponent Info Player HP
    Back in July, there was a change to Oldschool that meant all entity hitpoints were given as percentages. We had previously updated the Opponent Info plugin to display an estimate of an NPC's current health based on their known maximum health.

As of this update, this change has also been made for players. A player's hitpoints percentages are now adapted to approximate health values based on the player's known hitpoints level; this relies on the player's hiscores, so it is possible that this may be inaccurate for a player who hasn't logged out recently.

> HP / Pray Orb Highlights
    [​IMG]

The vanilla HP orb now fills with a semi-transparent white color, tracking when your HP will regenerate next. This overlay takes into account when you have rapid heal active, and also takes into account the delaying effect that toggling rapid heal causes.

The vanilla prayer orb is now filled with a semi-transparent white color when your quick prayers are active. This is a change from the vanilla mechanic, where only the filled part of the orb would be highlighted, and as a result it would be hard to notice the highlight when your prayer was low.

Both of these new settings are toggleable under the Status Orbs configuration.

> Corp Specs
    [​IMG]

While inside the Corporeal Beast's cave, your successful specs with the dragon warhammer, bandos godsword, and darklight are tracked and displayed nearby to the damage display. These specs are retained if you leave the boss room without killing the boss, so it will keep counting up if you leave to restore spec.

> Split PM Recoloring
    [​IMG]

Previously, when you had chosen to recolor private messages, the prefix up to the player's name would be the original cyan color. As of today's update, split PM prefixes are now appropriately colored along with their messages.

> Other Changes / Bugfixes:
    • Fixed an issue that would have prevented some Ground Items and Bank Evaluator features from functioning properly.
    • The Idle Alert for mining now appropriately includes all pickaxes.
    • Updated the binding necklace Status Orb now to properly tracks charges again, after some Oldschool-side changes.
    • Update Status Indicator tiles to no longer vary in width.
    • Fixed a potential issue with Agility Overlays.
    • Fixed a potential issue with the Bank Evaluator feature.
    • Fixed an aesthetic issue with the Bank Evaluator button on tall game windows.
    • Reduced the amount of text on the Mouse Keys config.
    • Fixed an issue with the World Hopper that could cause unusual behavior if the world list was loaded very slowly.
    • Updated the Bank Evaluator to translate 16 more untradeable items to their respective tradeable items' values, such as the colored slayer helmets.
    • Updated some internal rendering systems to likely improve performance under certain circumstances.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Shrimpanzee, Acx and Jwcsgrs like this.
  2. hellothere

hellothere New Member

Since the update I can't maintain 35+ fps. This has never been a problem before. Anyone else have this problem?

3. Gjosiah

After reviewing all of the changes that went out today, there should be nothing that would affect performance severely. What framerate were you consistently getting prior to today's update, and what framerate are you getting now? And were these measured in the same area ingame?

4. Tot

Tot New Member

Map looks great. Well done!
    It seems the food overlay (amount each food heals) when you hover over it with your mouse is broken? Still works for potions though.

5. Gjosiah

Indeed, I just noticed that myself. I will be releasing a same version update in a few minutes to resolve this.

6. PTFOrs

PTFOrs New Member

Great update, love the corp dwh tracker. I've been getting 50fps prior to the update almost everywhere except for densely populated areas. One thing i've noticed is that the anti-venom+ timer tracker seems to be bugged as the timer does not count down like stamina pots. I haven't tested the timer post update but I've noticed it at Zulrah, it's not a big issue, but I thought I would just let you guys know.

7. Mittens

Mittens New Member

Hey, thanks for the update, quick question, can you zoom out on map? Also, could you check the barrows plugin? I couldn't' get mine to work.

8. Ely

Ely New Member

Loving the map update! Great work. :D

9. Falmar

Falmar New Member

10. Thomass

Thomass New Member

Very nice update fam

11. Gh0stPred

Gh0stPred New Member

Woah damn this is nice. Im assuming you'll be adding maps for all dungeons at some point correct?

12. Snakk

Snakk New Member

They said they'd like to keep it to all practical, useful areas that would see use in the client.
    ___
    The map looks really awesome, love the hover info. Just a couple problems/questions:

1. Can't zoom in and out.
    2. Opening it on rooftop agility courses takes you to an empty area, can it be made to show the proper area instead?

13. Nightsward

Nightsward New Member

Great update! A few places that would definitely be great to have maps of are:

1. The underground cities of Dorgesh-Kaan and Keldagrim. Both places are extremely annoying to navigate without maps especially for newcomers, so maps would be useful there even if they're not the most busy of places.

2. Edgeville/Varrock sewers and Lumbridge swamp dungeons. Probably not as important as having maps of the above two areas as they're mainly only visited by lower levels (and F2Pers looking to make money in the first example) but still would be great nonetheless.

14. Jwcsgrs

Jwcsgrs New Member

Awesome updates as usual :)

15. yelnats2

yelnats2 New Member

I am still unable to block < alch or highlight > alch on ground items. I can enable the option but the it doesn't stay enabled when I leave the menu, and I can enter a custom value but it doesn't get saved either. Also, the up and down arrows to adjust the value just give me a windows ding sound and don't do anything.

16. Acx

Acx Awesome Donor Awesome

Great update again.

17. Gjosiah

The map will be receiving a few zoom options in an update soon, we had initially left it out until we had some feedback on how well the map performs (specifically with relation to panning around to new areas).

That issue with the Barrows plugin would have been resolved a few hours after the initial update, you should have that fix as long as you have reloaded your client within the last 20-ish hours.

18. Gjosiah

Thanks! I like those ideas, we'll be sure to add those to the list.

19. Gjosiah

Which rooftop course(s) do you experience this on? The map should open to where that rooftop course is on the surface (and does, in my testing).

20. Gjosiah

That's odd, I'll have a look at that in a bit to see what could be going on with it.