Changelog - Update Konduit v2.14.0 Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blogs & Changelogs' started by Gjosiah, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Gjosiah

Gjosiah Java-mancer Staff Member Developer

Hey there 'Scapers,

Another Thursday, another update. This week we've got quite a lot in store for you. Chock full o' features, this week sees the addition of Bank Item Tags, Screen Markers, a Blast Furnace overlay, a few new Idle Alerts and many fixes / minor changes besides.

This update was released in tandem with Oldschool RuneScape 125 on Thursday, 3rd November.

> Bank / Item Tags
    [​IMG]
    Item Tags have been a feature I have planned to add for quite a while, and with them making such a splash in the community recently, what better time could there be?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    From today on, you can now set tags on all items in your bank or Grand Exchange. This can be found through the associated right click options on items in your bank, and the buy offer for the Grand Exchange.

[​IMG]
    After tagging items, you can then search for their tag while in the bank screen.

Notice that in the above image, the search for "farming" also returned my Farming skillcape and hood as a result. This is not because it was tagged, but rather because it had "farming" contained in its name. If you want to narrow your search to only tagged items, you can do that by prefixing your search with "tag:"— as shown below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The new Item Tags also work as a search term in the Grand Exchange—so you can quickly find all of the items that you may need to stock up on.

> Screen Markers
    [​IMG]
    Screen Markers have been a common request among users, so as of today, you can now access a highly customizable Screen Marker editor!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    You can access the Screen Marker editor in its new side panel, currently the bottom-most side panel, recognizable by its pencil icon. You can name and save the Screen Markers you create, so you can load them up at any later time. You can also edit a screen marker to use temporarily— if you don't save it, it won't stick around between client restarts.

[​IMG]
    The Screen Markers editor is like a basic image editor, you can draw shapes, move / delete them, and change their colors / line weights. You can draw straight lines, so you can even be silly and write text with it like I did.

Note that the Screen Markers editor will translate your clicks into drawing shapes on the screen. This means that the RuneScape game will not receive any clicks you make while in the editor. Please be wary of this, and only edit your Screen Markers in a safe location ingame. You can press the Escape key at any time to close the editor immediately.

The Screen Markers editor is somewhat complex, and might merit its own tutorial page, but as a brief summarization of its features:
    • You can click and drag to draw shapes.
      • You can currently choose from lines, rectangles, rounded rectangles, and ellipses.
    • You can click (and release, without dragging) to select a shape you've already drawn.
      • You can then move it around, change its color and line weight.
    • You can hold shift while drawing shapes to draw regular shapes (squares, circles, straight lines).
    • You can move shapes to the front/back and delete them with buttons on the side panel.

> Blast Furnace Overlay
    [​IMG]
    The Blast Furnace has received a bit of love today, with a brand new overlay making its way into the client. This overlay shows you your current contents of the Blast Furnace, giving you a visualization of where your ores and bars currently are. You probably won't manage to get one of every ore and bar like in the above picture, more realistically in normal usage you will see something like the image below:

[​IMG]

> NMZ Idle Alerts
    For when you're inside the Nightmare Zone, there is now an idle alert that will warn you when your Absorption or Overload potions are about to expire.

> Other Changes / Bugfixes:
    • The Client Info side panel now highlights the changelog matching the current client version.
    • Fixed an issue where the Status Orbs plugin would not recognize some jewelry to display their charges.
    • Resolved an issue with the Hunter Overlay not properly loading its impling settings.
    • Updated the World Map to now respect the configuration setting for hiding its icon.
    • Fixed an issue with the friend Set-Note feature where cancelling input would clear the note, when it was described and intended to leave the note unchanged.

2. badgehunter

badgehunter New Member

This is why i love you guys <3 amazing work.

3. raqes

raqes New Member Donor

Amazing update, much love.

4. brochir

brochir Member

Amazing update for the best client <3

5. cflx

cflx New Member

Osbotty absolutely destroyed. Great update

6. SMOrc

SMOrc New Member

im cumming soo good

7. Yorakirro

Yorakirro New Member

Wonderful update! I love the item tags. <3

8. Nightsward

Nightsward New Member

When you set tags then later try to add additional tags, the new tags you put in will overwrite the old tags (so if say I tag something with x and y, if I try to add z as a tag z will replace x and y as tags)

Also an issue not related to this update specifically: the new map is quite bare of labels, especially in places like the wilderness. Would be nice to see all the labels that the old map had :)

9. Tomba

Tomba New Member

Awesome stuff man <3

10. Gjosiah

When you go to edit the tags afterward, the dialogue box that pops up should have the old tags in it. This text may already be highlighted, so you will want to avoid deleting it. Removing a tag in that dialogue will remove it from that item.

As mentioned above, when you edit the tags, backspace everything in the dialogue (so it is empty) and it will remove all of the item's tags.

Interesting, I'll take a look, thanks for reporting this.

I'll be updating some of the map files soon, and I'll be adding a few more labels on the surface map.

11. Gjosiah

Actually, it appears that a last minute change has messed up the way that input dialogue works, it should be displaying your previously set tags, but currently isn't. I'll get that fixed and out again shortly.

(This has been fixed as of now.)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  12. rengg

rengg New Member

Kreygasm

13. PTFOrs

PTFOrs New Member

Another great update, Konduit will soon take over the rest of the plebbuddy users.

doesitworkful and ScareFace like this.
  14. Cloonz

Cloonz New Member

so i have a few ideas, and im not too sure on where to suggest them. my ideas are based around runecrafting, i was thinking of a notifier when your glory has no charges, as well as a colored text on rune pouches that goes from green(75%+), yellow(50%+), orange(%25+), and red(0%+) and the text would show how many more uses untill it breaks. those are some ideas that I think would be amazing to have implemented in the client

feredion likes this.
  15. Mittens

Mittens New Member

Amazing client! Great updates. I honestly wish I was as smart as you to make my own client.

16. Swaq

Swaq New Member

omg I've been waiting for screen markers since forever. Thanks!

17. gogas

gogas New Member

There is a Limit for Tagged items, i dont know the exact limit number but when i add another item for the tag. It losses the 1st item tagged to create the new one.
    This would be so cool if i could create X items for my tag, instead of a limited one.

18. Gjosiah

Around how many tags did you have set? The technical limit should never be reachable (upwards of 2 billion).

I can look into reproducing this, it may be an issue with how the feature is interacting with the game.

Also, if you add many tags, there may be too many to fit visibly in the input dialogue's text box; make sure you scroll to the beginning/end of the text there. If we find that players are using many tags per item, we can update this dialogue to be more user-friendly when multiple tags are set.

19. darkwootan

darkwootan New Member

im so happy with this update, holy shit!

thank you so much for screen markers! bank tags are amazing too :)

20. OnyxGaurdian

OnyxGaurdian New Member

Awesome work, keep it up.