Changelog - Patch Konduit v2.14.2 Patch

Discussion in 'Dev Blogs & Changelogs' started by Gjosiah, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Gjosiah

Gjosiah Java-mancer Staff Member Developer

Hello again 'Scapers,

We're releasing another patch this week with a few tweaks and changes. There will be some larger updates coming soon in the next few weeks, so stay tuned. The changes in this changelog were live as of the evening of Friday, 19th November.

> Zeah Map & Surface Map Labels
    [​IMG]
    A maps update was released last night, which primarily revised the area occupied by Zeah to its newly updated form. There are also many more labels on the surface map now, identifying smaller points of interest in addition to the cities and kingdoms that were already labelled. Many of these areas that were pretty bare before, such as the Wilderness, have been fleshed out with many new labels.

[​IMG]

> Hiscores Side Panel
    [​IMG]
    The Hiscores side panel has received a new lick of paint, and now also includes the Hardcore Ironman hiscores. Additionally— not pictured— the ingame overlay that appears when you attack or follow another player has had its colors improved; the colors used now are the same as those used for combat level differences, with multiple shades of red/green.

> Level-up Chat Message Changes
    [​IMG]
    There was previously a feature that would display your new level in the chat alongside the congratulations message. This has been reformatted to be in line with the message format used in pre-eoc, in a single line of chat rather than two.

This feature is now also configurable under the "Level-up levels in chat" setting in the Status Alerts configuration, as it previously wasn't controlled by any setting.

> Vanilla Client Optimizations
    Konduit has always made some notable performance optimizations to the default (vanilla) client. Today sees the addition of multiple more optimizations that have been working well in development/vip builds over the past few months.

These optimizations should help most notably on lower-end machines; if you are already on a pretty beefy computer, you might not notice much difference proportionately. Let us know if these optimizations improve client performance notably for you.

> Other Changes:
    • Name highlighting was previously far too subtle with a transparent, resizable mode chat box. This has been revised, and under these circumstances, your name will now be underlined in any chat messages when this feature is enabled.

doesitworkful, C(o.O)kie, Acx and 2 others like this.
  2. brochir

brochir Member

Nice and thanks!

3. Gath

Gath New Member

[​IMG]
    How come i'm not getting the 'you have reached level x' when i am getting level ups?
    Am i doing something wrong or misunderstood the change to the client?

Thank you

4. Jwcsgrs

Jwcsgrs New Member

Awesome update guys

5. knatte

knatte New Member

Nice job, appreciate the hard work you guys put in. :)

6. jenhu

jenhu New Member

how i can update my konduit?

7. deejk

deejk New Member

Fantastic update, devs! Just wanted to log in and let you guys know how greatly I appreciate you all, your client is fantastic and it's only getting better. Thank you for being so active with the updates and offering an amazing client without any fees attached. I would definitely pay for some sort of 'pro' version though... just sayin'. ;D

8. Acx

Acx Awesome Donor Awesome

Great update!

9. Pong

Pong New Member

After the update, all I get when I start up the launcher is:
    "[ SEVERE] Launcher | Encountered an error connecting to services!"
    and if I try to launch any client, it just crashes after showing "loading configs".

10. doesitworkful

doesitworkful New Member

Slayer indicator not working. Always saying i have kalphite task when I dont.
    Also more map labels would be awesome. Dont know how hard it will be to add a search to the map/

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  11. Gjosiah

Are you still experiencing this issue? The "error connecting to services" should not prevent launching a client.

Crashing after "Loading config" means that it failed to connect with Jagex's servers to verify/download the current client version for some reason. This could include the client not being given access to the internet due to a firewall or such, a temporary issue with your internet connection, or a even temporary issue with Jagex's servers.

12. Gjosiah

The Launcher should handle updating the client automatically (the Launcher's version is 1.38.1, which is separate from the Oldschool client's version).

13. Gjosiah

Sometimes the slayer task may get de-synced. If you check your slayer task with an Enchanted gem or Slayer helmet, the indicator should update to the correct slayer task.

We do plan to keep improving on the existing map, and will keep those suggestions in mind.

doesitworkful likes this.
  14. pleb

pleb New Member

we are still unable to input the value for alch highlight/block

15. Pong

Pong New Member

Yes, I am still receiving this error, but some times it goes through and launches the client.
    I would guess it's an issue with the firewall, but I don't know why it works on some days (like 1/5 of the time), and won't work later.

16. rafa15

rafa15 New Member

The "Remember last frame size" is not working for me. It never has since I installed it.
    It's not a big issue but if you could fix it I'd appreciate it.

Also, would it be possible to add an idle alert for bird nest drops while wcing?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    doesitworkful likes this.
  17. doesitworkful

doesitworkful New Member

Please add alert for birds nest as well! im always missing them.

Edit: lately ive been getting false idle messages when woodcutting.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016